As my boss has (as I hear through gossip) had an anxiety attack, she did not go on her trip to Memphis this week. Not sure if that means she'll be here or not, but grr, I planned on writing on my book while bored instead of acting like I'm not bored out of mind by playing on the net!
I understand anxiety attacks. I really do. Hell, *I* have had my fair share of them. But this is starting to get ridiculous. Since I've been here, I don't think she's worked an entire week straight without something happening that caused her not being able to work. I'm not saying that I don't have some sympathy, I do, but she signed up to have a career in a leadership role. That means responsibility. It also means taking more shit than others and responding with professionalism. That's the job. That's why managers get paid more. And if you can't handle the fire/smoke/insert proper cliche saying here that leads to fleeing a kitchen...
How to start this off... The con itself! Sure! The con was... okay. I'm used to smaller Buffy or Star Trek conventions where everyone is mostly pleased because the interests aren't nearly as broad. With anime? Yeah, that's very varied.
I did play a game of Soul Calibur II with one of the hot shots that hung out in the game room. Didn't win, but I got as close as you can to winning without actually doing it. HOWEVER, considering that the two things I was mantra-ing in my head ("please don't pick Ivy, please don't pick Ivy" and "please win person on the right so I won't be starting on the right side, please don't have me start with the right controller...") naturally came to be BOTH of the things that happened, I'm rather proud.
Of course, then laechim (aka: "Console Shark") kicked the guy's ass after I lost to him. To defend my honor, I'm sure.
I did buy a couple things, but most of my money I took home with me (and then ordered two volumes of Marmalade Boy for waaaay cheaper than what was offered at the con). I bought a plushie of Miroku and Inuyasha season one box set. coldfury got me Samurai XXX (long story), and I was deeply amused.
Besides anime, there were PEOPLE! Lots of them. And I'm not just talking about all those cos play people (or those scary Para Para dancing people. *Shudders*). I'm more talking about those that I hung out with for short/long periods of time. It rocked to get to meet some of the people I talk to online, although I met plenty more that I hadn't even heard of! I didn't talk much (aside from my storytelling), but that's just a matter of course when I'm surrounded by people I don't know or I sort of know. Once you get to know me well? Oh, I can't shut up. So... I suppose you people should count yourselves lucky! ^_~
I'd give a report on everyone that I met, but... well, I'm lazy. I WILL, however, give some highlights of my experiences that will likely lead to talking about many people! ^_^_V
* Two of my shirts were complimented by different strangers. I love that. It means they actually were good choices, wherein if someone you know compliments, you never can tell if they're just being polite. A complete stranger? They have no reason to compliment unless they truly like it enough to say something. I was pleased.
* This isn't exactly a highlight, but it does prove that no matter where I go, I will always get lost at least once! While leaving the Impro room so that I could get better reception on my cell phone (which I didn't), I managed to forget which room I had just come from! I knocked on a different room and was then invited in to a set of strangers' room, because, hey, THEY didn't know if I should be there or not since it wasn't actually their room. I fled swiftly, managing to find MY hotel room without too much trouble.
* Mental Institution claimed yet another victim. Though I do blame coldfury for laechim 's sad fate, since he's the one that told me to do it... several times. I'd never licked someone's cheek that had stubble before. It was... stubbly.
* I told my Shark Joke. This time, it took around an hour and a half or so. No one was really timing, so we had to approximate. chamelaeon made a fabulous wealthy psychopath. Also? I was APPLAUDED. No, really! Of course, I was also voted off the island, but hey, APPLAUSE. Yes, I was rather shocked.
* I FINALLY know what a chocolate chip pancake tastes like! *Holds a party in laechim 's honor, for he was my weekend hero.*
* ardweden was kind enough to tell me my future was horribly bleak through a Tarot reading. Damn you Tower card of DOOM. She also did one for my RPG character, Ivy. That one was pretty on, but they usually are for my characters.
* There was a 'balloon pinball smack down' that claimed my head and face several times. Safer than a pillow fight? Perhaps, but Summer gives herself a note of next time there's a balloon fight, she moves to an area that's not in the middle of the playing field.
Other things happened as well, but I've been writing this post for waaaay too long. *Hugs to all* Thanks for the entertainment! Here's hoping I get that novel published so I can go again next year! *Crosses fingers*