Receptionist: Okay, Summer, I'm grabbing donuts. You like the kind with the cream stuff in the middle, right?
Me: *Panic begins* Umm... Yes, normally I would, but I'm really trying to be good.
Receptionist: Pfft, you can be good tomorrow. Be bad today!
Me: Noooo. I've been so good!
Receptionist: You're eating a donut and that's final!
BOM (who was in the room as well): You stick to your guns, girl! Don't give in! *We fake punches near each other.*
Me: Yeah! No donuts!!
Receptionist: Hmph, fine. *Guilt-trip voice* Don't have a donut. See if I care.
*Takes a breath* Phase one - cleared. Phase two will occur when the donuts arrive.
Okay, onto my next entertaining me thing! I finished a book! Whoo! Vamps and the City by Kerrelyn Sparks has been fully read!
It was... cheesy, yet strangely satisfying. I don't think I'd read it again, but it was an enjoyable romp. The romance was played up far too much to be taken seriously, the secondary characters were two-dimensional with far too many accents running about, and the ending made me want to snarfle with how 'unbelievably HAPPY' everyone was at the end. But everything was so played up and cheesy, I sort of wonder if it was intentional. *Beat* I hope it was intentional. *Beat Beat* Gods, let it have been intentional!
But yeah, sometimes I like a little cheese and a little silly just for a bit of a mind vacation. The overdramatic emo hopping about I could have done without, but conflict needs to abound in a book, so I suppose I'll praise the fact that at least there was a plot.
Final Vote: Good enough to pick up another of Sparks novels, not good enough to re-read.
Okay, now it's time for a...
Stole this from nekoneko! WHEE.
YOU. CAN. ONLY. TYPE. ONE. WORD.
Not as easy as you might think...
1. Yourself? Tired.
2. Your boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife? Mmmm.
3. Your hair? BLONDE.
4. Your mother? Poker.
5. Your father? Nature.
6. Your Favorite Item? Computer.
7. Your dream last night? Nope.
8. Your Favorite drink? Cherries!
9. Your Dream Car/truck? Runs.
10. The Room You Are In? Work.
11. Your Ex? Who?
12. Your fear? Dolls.
13. What you want to be in 10 years? Author
14. Who you hung out with last night? Plenty
15. What You're Not? BRUNETTE
16. Muffins? Orgasm.
17. One of Your Wish List Items? Anime.
18. Time? 9:18
19. The Last Thing You Did? Refused.
20. What You Are Wearing? Black.
21. Your Favorite Weather? Fall.
22. Your Favorite Book? Fantasy.
23. The Last Thing You Ate? Cereal.
24. Your Life? Bleh.
25. Your Mood? Blah.
26. Your body? *Cringe*
27. What are you thinking about right now? Fat
28. Your truck/car: Works!
29. What are you doing at the moment? Typing!
30. Your summer? You're
31. Your relationship status: Cohabitating.
32. What is on your TV? Nothing.
33. What is the weather like? SNOW.
34. When is the last time you laughed? Today.